Clan 0.8.0 (updated 2014-06-03)
New major version of Clan based on OpenScop which brings multiple SCoP extraction, better automatic and pragma-based extraction, and other improvements.
Clan is a free software and library which translates some particular parts of high level programs written in C, C++, C# or Java into a polyhedral representation called OpenScop. This representation may be manipulated by other tools to, e.g., achieve complex analyses or program restructurations (for optimization, parallelization or any other kind of manipulation). It has been created to avoid tedious and error-prone input file writing for polyhedral tools (such as CLooG, LeTSeE, Candl etc.). Using Clan, the user has to deal with source codes based on C grammar only (as C, C++, C# or Java).
The following information ressources are available to Clan users:
Three Google Groups are open for discussions around Clan:
- The Clan Reference Card provides the essential information on using Clan and writing input files which may be processed by Clan.
- The Clan User Guide provides detailed information to the user on both Clan software and library, from installation to the various available options. It is available as a PDF document as well as an HTML page
- The Technical Documentation is a Doxygen-generated documentation providing deep information to the developpers.
- Clan Users: list to get help on installing or using Clan and to ask for general informations about the software. General discussions polyhedral representation extraction tools are welcome there.
Subscribe to Clan Users Visit this group
- Clan Development: the general development list about Clan. Anything relevant to the development or testing of Clan is suitable for discussion here: patch submissions and discussion of particular patches, bug reports, requests for features.
Subscribe to Clan Development Visit this group
- Clan Announce: very low-volume list for announcements about Clan: new versions of Clan itself, new versions of tools of major interest for Clan users, and special events around Clan (tutorials, workshops).
Subscribe to Clan Announce Visit this group
Latest Release Version:Clan 0.8.0Clan depends on the OpenScop Library, however, it comes with a bundled version of this library, so it is not necessary to install it before. However if you already installed a version of this library, you may chose to use this one. In such a case, please refer at the documentation to proceed. Once downloaded and unpacked (e.g. using the "tar -zxvf clan-0.8.0.tar.gz" command), you can compile Clan by typing the following commands on Clan's root directory:
- And as root: make installhttps://github.com/periscop/clanTo benefit from the latest improvements and bug fixes (and new bugs!), you can try the development version of Clan:
- git clone https://github.com/periscop/clan.git
- cd clan
- And as root: make install
This work is supported in part by the MANY project of the ITEA2 program, under convention number 112930234 with Direction Générale de la Compétitivité de l'Industrie et des Services, sponsored by France's Ministère de l'Economie, des Finances et de l'Industrie.