OpenScop Library 0.9.0 (updated 2014-06-03)
OpenScop is an open specification defining a file format and a set of data structures to represent a static control part (SCoP for short), i.e., a program part that can be represented in the polyhedral model. The goal of OpenScop is to provide a common interface to various polyhedral compilation tools in order to simplify their interaction. The OpenScop aim is to provide a stable, unified format that offers a durable guarantee that a tool can use an output or provide an input to another tool without breaking a tool chain because of some internal changes in one element of the chain. The other promise of OpenScop is the ability to assemble or replace the basic blocks of a polyhedral compilation framework at no, or at least low engineering cost. The OpenScop Library, a.k.a. osl, is an example implementation of the specification licensed under the 3-clause BSD licence so developers may feel free to use it in their code (either by linking it or copy-pasting its code).
The following information ressources are available to OpenScop users:
Three Google Groups are open for discussions around OpenScop:
- The OpenScop User Guide provides detailed information to the user on both the OpenScop specification and the OpenScop library. It is available as a PDF document as well as an HTML page
- The Technical Documentation is a Doxygen-generated documentation providing deep information to the developpers.
- OpenScop: list to get help on installing or using the OpenScop Library and to ask for general informations about the library or the specification. General discussions around polyhedral representation are welcome there.
Subscribe to OpenScop Users Visit this group
- OpenScop Development: the general development list about the OpenScop Library. Anything relevant to the development or testing of the OpenScop Library is suitable for discussion here: patch submissions and discussion of particular patches, bug reports, requests for features.
Subscribe to OpenScop Development Visit this group
- OpenScop Announce: very low-volume list for announcements about OpenScop: new versions of the specification of the library itself, new versions of tools of major interest for OpenScop users, and special events around OpenScop (tutorials, workshops).
Subscribe to OpenScop Announce Visit this group
Latest Release Version:OpenScop Library 0.9.0Once downloaded and unpacked (e.g. using the "tar -zxvf osl-0.9.0.tar.gz" command), you can compile the OpenScop Library by typing the following commands on OpenScop's root directory:
- And as root: make installhttps://github.com/periscop/openscopTo benefit from the latest improvements and bug fixes (and new bugs!), you can try the development version of the OpenScop Library:
- git clone https://github.com/periscop/openscop.git
- cd openscop
- And as root: make install
This work is supported in part by the MANY project of the ITEA2 program, under convention number 112930234 with Direction Générale de la Compétitivité de l'Industrie et des Services, sponsored by France's Ministère de l'Economie, des Finances et de l'Industrie.